First Presbyterian Church
We are an historical church founded in 1814 in the Reformed tradition. Reformed indicates not so much how we do something, but what we do and why we do it.
For example in worship we follow the generally prescribed Reformed worship:
- Praise draws us into God’s presence;
- Confession recognizes our unworthiness;
- Pronouncement of forgiveness as the response of God’s grace;
- Offering of thanksgiving for God’s grace;
- The Word read after hearts are prepared;
- The Word explained;
- People respond with praise, prayer, offerings to God
who has revealed Himself through the Word;
- People sent out to love and serve the Lord.
To proclaim Christ and live as his disciples through worship, connection, and service.
First Presbyterian Church exists to proclaim the Gospel in order to transform lives and to demonstrate Christian living to impact the world for the cause of Christ.
OUR CORE VALUES
Upward – Finding a deeper connection with the living God through scripture, prayer & music
Outward – Partnering with God to share His Love with the world
Inward – We thrive by loving each other as Jesus loves us
Onward – Walking with the next generation on their journey of faith